Things had been going sooooo well. I should have known that stuff was about to hit the fan and boy did it this week. Let's see, maybe the easiest way would be to make a list.
1. Three squirrel chases one morning by a dog that should have known better.
2. One morning with almost no running.
3. An off game chase one afternoon.
4. Jeff Allen grinned and laughed after he beat the old man and me one afternoon (his dogs just did a better job).
5. I got my truck stuck and almost rolled it off a hill. It was so bad that Jeff and the old man got out of the truck because they knew I was going to either roll into a tree or go all the way to the bottom of the hill rolling sideways.
6. A dog that that I was running with hacked all over the woods one morning and made me crazy.
7. Jeff and the old man made fun of me when I started to get the ugly face and threatened to get me some Midol because I acted like. . .
8. I went to a beautiful new runninng spot where dogs hunted great for two hours and never jumped a rabbit.
9. We missed the first snow but got 5 inches from the second one so every rabbit in southeastern Ohio holed up.
Even witb all of this mess we had a good time and a few great chases. And like the saying goes, "wait until the next time."